I can provide legal advice to you if you have been sexually harassed at work and want to discuss your options which may include:

  • Reporting the sexual harassment to your employer and negotiating a private settlement.

  • Reporting the sexual harassment to a government agency such as the Ministry for Business, Employment and Innovation, WorkSafe or the Human Rights Commission.

  • Filing a tort claim in court.

  • Speaking about your experience with the media either anonymously or by identifying yourself.

  • Considering whether to sign a settlement and/or non-disclosure agreement that has already been proposed to you by your employer.

I can also provide legal advice if you're a group of two or more people who have been sexually harassed by the same perpetrator and/or while working for the same employer.

Enquiries from individuals and groups located throughout New Zealand are welcomed. All consultations can be undertaken over video meeting software Zoom or at my office in the Auckland CBD. 



Following the media coverage on employee sexual harassment at law firm Russell McVeagh in 2018 I set up a #metoo blog for all employees in the legal profession to share their own experiences of sexual harassment. The blog received widespread media coverage and was viewed over 50,000 times. I went on to speak at a range of conferences and events and regularly appeared in the media to advocate for changes to reporting and investigation processes. For this work I was a finalist in the volunteer category of the Stuff 2018 Women of Influence Awards. You can read the #metoo blog here.


To enquire about a consultation and fees email me at contact@zoelawton.com

office space

Employment Law Advice